Re: What would YOU buy?

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What would YOU buy?
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 11:17:23 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, Josh Hadler wrote:
>       Ok, let me add something here... It's not an autox car. Yes, the B's
> are way cool cars. I almost went brit before I bought the 914. But this
> is for somebody who just wants a nice low maintenance convertible sports
> car for under $17k.
>
>       I realize that many of us associate "regular maintenance" with
> replacing halfshafts, suspension bushings, electrical components etc.
> But this particular person associates "regular maintenance" as the
> average joe would.

Pretty much then the only recommendation I'd give would be a miata.  In
that price range, look for a '94+ in excellent condition.

I finally got the chance to drive my dad's '90 miata he bought 6 months
ago on my recommendation (he'd previously been looking at a cavalier
convertible!).  He wanted almost exactly what you're describing except for
price.  He's been insanely happy with the car and after driving it I'm
probably gonna start looking for a cheap one to commute/stock autox after
I complete the transistion from DS neon to tow rig + cp car.

Mark