Re: Shhhh! while they're busy at Nationals...

To: "Thompson, Adrian (A.L.)" <athomps9@visteon.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shhhh! while they're busy at Nationals...
From: "Ron and Angie" <nottingham@alltel.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 15:07:57 -0400
>Another one.  What about an MGB GT with the Rover/Buick V8.  That was sold
>in England so you can claim it's a British Leyland engine.  It's still in
>production in Range Rovers and Discoveries, enlarged with fuel injection so
>you wouldn't even need to tune it much.  Or even better drop that same
>engine in an Spridget shell.  I've seen a couple of E mod cars like that
and
>a friend of mine back home (England) had one as a daily driver for a long
>time.

Or how about the same engine in a GT6?  Since Triumph did use that engine in
the TR8 here in the states,  you wouldn't have as many hurdles to jump. ;-)
Only weighs a little more than a Spridget, and less than an MGB GT.  Plus,
you would have IRS, need to upgrade older cars to the 1500 rear to get rid
of bad axle jacking.  GT6 Mk.1's had a "back seat", if you would want to
call it that, and later models are easily adapted.  Or, if you need a real
back seat, put the same engine in the Vitesse or Herald sedans.  Same
small-chassis as the Spit/GT6.  Anybody remember the Awesome (sorry Nissan)
Trans-Am Vitesses of the '70s? ;-)  'Nuff said!

Ron  - Dalton, Ga
Ex-Triumph guru, now Z-car guru
84 300ZX Turbo
IZCC# 4779   TLS#30