RE: Chrysler Taking its toys and going home???

To: stecz@Crossroads.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Chrysler Taking its toys and going home???
From: Derek Engelhaupt <derekengelhaupt@rocketmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 06:32:56 -0700 (PDT)

>     Waaaa, the manufacturer you choose to buy from doesn't have the
>     good sense (or cents) to make the suspension on the cars they
>     manufacture adjustable? They could if they wanted to...
>

>       I agree with you here. I just disagree that the ACR was totally
>       tricked out. It had the same spring rates as the standard neons,
>       same size sway bars, just a little stiffer dampening and slots
in
>       the strut housing, hardly rocket science.

It also had a slightly different gear ratio, heavy duty hubs, 4 wheel
discs (which not all Neons had), quicker steering ratio, and an
unlimited speed controller (other Neons were speed limited to 118mph-
I know, I bounced mine off the rev limiter several times).  By the
way, the earlier Arvin struts in '95 were NOT rebound adjustable FWIW.
 The Konis came on the later models from what I recall ('97+).

===
Derek Engelhaupt
'97 White Mazda Miata
St. Paul, MN

For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.
-- Harrison's postulate