wheel spacers and lugs

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: wheel spacers and lugs
From: Gent Matthew-EMG030 <Matthew_Gent-EMG030@email.mot.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 10:24:34 -0400
What is available for wheel spacers, and where could I find them?  What is a
maximum safe amount of spacer?

As for lugs, is it necessary to go with longer, hardened studs if I run 5mm
spacers?  How about 9mm?  I guess its application specific.  NHRA rules say
that a length of thread must be engaged equal to the diameter of the lug.
I've seen a few road race cars whose lugs extend 2 inches or more through
the lug nut.

I'd rather not have the extended-lug look on the street, so closed lugs are
preffered.  Who makes them, where can I find them, and how much?

Thanks
Matt