Re: Philly region's new class

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Philly region's new class
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 13:30:46 -0400
Jeff Lloyd wrote:
> take a look
>
> http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/6811/camdenAutoX/Image38.jpg
>
> PS. this class is a joke, but the local police are coming around more
> often now.

The driver here was the supervisor of the Camden police; I rode along
in the passenger seat.  He was a great sport; he hadn't walked the
course, but did a fine job on his two runs, lights flashing and siren
blasting, receiving a standing ovation at the end of his runs.

In all seriousness, I had a discussion with their area supervisor
(the driver in the picture; I was in the passenger seat) about a
variety of topics, including putting on some driving schools for them,
and the possibility of having a class for them at our annual charity
event.

If anyone out there has any direct experience working with your area
police in either driver training programs or competitive classes, please
let me know.

Thanks!

Mark