'87 vette for sale - reduced

To: "'vettes posting'" <vettes@asu.edu>,
Subject: '87 vette for sale - reduced
From: "Mutschler, Jackie C" <mutschjc@bp.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 15:38:39 -0400
We purchased this car Thanksgiving last year to run Pro Solos this year, but
due to work commitments have been unable to run (and next year doesn't look
any better), so the car is for sale.  The car is very strong, and would
make a good SS car, or an excellent BSP or fun street car. We have run the
car 5 times, and are very pleased with it.

The original ad is shown below.  The only changes have been a new
alternator, new clutch, and a few other minor improvements (new EGR tube,
etc). As you can see from the following list, much has been replaced in the
past year.

'87 Corvette Z51 4+3 Manual (Very rare, only 1596 produced in 87)
Koni Sports (Yellow) Front and Rear
11 factory 16 X 9/12" Wheels
Great set of Yokohama A509 street tires (around 6000 miles with no
autocrosses)
Set of 17 X 11 ARE wheels, perfect fit front and rear.
Red exterior / Graphite Leather interior, very clean, minor wear on drivers
seat.
Dual sports seats, all power
Electronic A/C (Cold)
Cruise
Dual Power Sports Seats
Heated Mirrors and rear window defrost
Factory Bose stereo in great shape (no static)
Factory Service Manual and Electrical Diagnosis guide
Factory 84 - 93 Parts Book (Same as used by dealerships) (about 3" thick!!)
Trailer Hitch
Custom fit car cover
Extra front brake rotors

The following work and Parts have been installed in the past 3000 miles
(2000 of that was on the highway to Topeka for Solo II Nationals!!, only 3
autocrosses since this work was performed!)

Rebuilt Engine:
Bored .010 over with torque plates
Fresh valve job
New valve guides
New valve springs, GM timing chain, rocker arms
Repainted valve covers, new oil cap
New dipstick
New GM Harmonic Balancer
1000 mile break in on conventional oil, then switched to Mobil 1
Motor prepped to limit of Solo II rules, legal & runs very strong.
New Battery
Rebuilt Transmission (Bearings, Synchronizers, Seals, Red Line MTL)
Clutch Master Cylinder
Clutch Hydraulic Hose
Clutch Pedal Assembly
Clutch Fork
New Shift Lever Boot
Hush Panel (panel above drivers' feet)
Driveshaft U-Joints
Half Shaft U-Joints
Factory PBR Brake Pads Front and Rear
Upper and Lower Ball Joints
Outer Tie Rod Ends
New Main Chassis Crossmember (Engine and Suspension Bolt to it)
AC Delco Plugs, Wires, Cap, Rotor
Ignition Module
Moroso High Performance Coil
Distributor Gear
Fuel Filters (Primary and Secondary)
New EGR insulation
New EGR Temp Sensor
No Mufflers (Straight Pipe off Catalytic Converter.. Not too loud though)
New Seals in Front Calipers
New AIR pump
New Serpentine Belt
Stainless Steel Braided Brake Hoses
New rear sway bar end links
New Front Air Dam (Correct Z51 length)
New rear spring link bushings
Throttle Position Sensor
New Overdrive Unit Filter, Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF
Red Line Synthetic Power Steering Fluid
Probably some other stuff that I forgot..

Asking $11,000.

Doug Wille or Jackie Mutschler
Houston
home 281-558-7306