Re: [Re: GS Camaro RS alignment]

To: rohns@doitnow.com
Subject: Re: [Re: GS Camaro RS alignment]
From: Lonnie Heston <lhheston@netscape.net>
Date: 21 Jul 99 23:10:55 CDT
Fer reeeel!!???  Why have I been paying to have alignment done all these
years?

Thanks, if I don't get any better offer, I may just try it...

I guess this wouldn't work on the full sized Chevy Van, or my 77 Caddy, would
it??

Thanks Jim!

Lonnie Heston  d:=)
lhheston@netscape.net
87CaMaRoRs2.8v6 GS #40 (this week in Wichita, anyhow)

rohns@doitnow.com (Jim & Marilyn Rohn) wrote:
> At 9:53 PM 7/21/99, Lonnie Heston wrote:
> >Just replaced the loose stuff on my 87 Camaro (3rd gen) front end, need
your
> >recommendations for autocross alignment.  It's a 2.8v6, stock suspension,
> >street tires.  FS responses welcome also!
>
> The Beater Racing 50 second (rental car) 3rd gen fbody alignment:
>
> *loosen all three bolts on the drivers strut brace
> *kick or knock back and in
> *retighten
>
> *repeat on passenger side
>
> Done.
>
> Your toe-in that you probably had now magically turns to zero or 1/16 out
> (perfect for autox)
>
> You maximized the negative camber (by knocking in toward motor) and
> positive camber (by knocking rearward, toward firewall)
>
> You are done, enjoy the better handling and better tire wear
>
> Jim Rohn
> Beater Racing
> 3rtd gen FS driver since Budget-Rent-A-Car rented Z28's and Trans Am's in
1982
> (ask me about my 3rd Place Pro Solo Handicap finish in my Budget Rental
Racer)

http://webmail.netscape.com.