Re: GS Camaro RS alignment

To: Lonnie Heston <lhheston@netscape.net>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GS Camaro RS alignment
From: rohns@doitnow.com (Jim & Marilyn Rohn)
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 20:31:44 -0700 (MST)
At 9:53 PM 7/21/99, Lonnie Heston wrote:
>Just replaced the loose stuff on my 87 Camaro (3rd gen) front end, need your
>recommendations for autocross alignment.  It's a 2.8v6, stock suspension,
>street tires.  FS responses welcome also!

The Beater Racing 50 second (rental car) 3rd gen fbody alignment:

*loosen all three bolts on the drivers strut brace
*kick or knock back and in
*retighten

*repeat on passenger side

Done.

Your toe-in that you probably had now magically turns to zero or 1/16 out
(perfect for autox)

You maximized the negative camber (by knocking in toward motor) and
positive camber (by knocking rearward, toward firewall)

You are done, enjoy the better handling and better tire wear

Jim Rohn
Beater Racing
3rtd gen FS driver since Budget-Rent-A-Car rented Z28's and Trans Am's in 1982
(ask me about my 3rd Place Pro Solo Handicap finish in my Budget Rental Racer)

YMMV, etc