Draining the gas tank

To: <eric10mm@qni.com>
Subject: Draining the gas tank
From: "JD Kemp" <kempclan@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 20:50:23 -0700
Eric:

You should be able to do per-zackly what you said, disconnect a fitting and
turn on the ignition.  I'd suggest you locate a fitting under the hood, and
find a suitable "nipple" (plastic or metal...  NO, not THAT kind of nipple!)
to connect a short piece of fuel line that can lead to a gas can.  That's a
tad easier access than under the car, although you have to try not to get
close to hot exhaust pipes, cylinder heads and such or you may get to see
the underside of the car as it flies over your head.

I have an old AC Delco fuel pump with a short neoprene hose on the intake
side and a longer one on the output.  It has pigtail wires to connect to
battery posts, etc for power.  I just poke the intake into the tank via the
filler nozzle and hook up the battery and we're in bidness!  But then,
Lucretia doesn't have one of those pesky "unleaded only" baffle/trap door
thangs in the filler neck.

Hope this helps, bro!

JD Kemp &
"Lucretia MacEvil" #13 MGB