car names

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: car names
From: "Mari L. Clements" <mlc4@psu.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:14:33 -0400
On or about 09:33 PM 7/14/99 -0400, Eric Moon did say:
>I've got to come up with a cool (insert adjective i.e. adult contemporary,
>hippie, psychedelic, etc) name for my car!!  ;-)

To which Karl Witt replied:
>Dual reference name for your car: Darkside

No, no, no.  That won't fit at all.  It's a pretty little red Miata--sits
about half an inch off the ground with Hoosiers that stick out about 4
inches farther than Mazda ever intended.  It's got nice magnetics (although
T&S has had all kinds of trouble figuring out the car number this year--I
think it is because the decals all coordinate with each other for an overall
package/decorative look [see, there's a downside to that, Dennis]).  It also
has a cute license plate H8SRAIN or something like that.

How about adding a nod to your profession and call her Sheer Speed?  Or is
that Shear Speed?

mlc
'91 MR2 NA (known as "the Toyota" at our house)
'81 Ford F250 tow vehicle (occasionally referred to as "Big Green"--when
Eric's feeling whimsical, but generally as "the truck")
'91 GMC Safari tow vehicle (this is the
omigosh-I've-never-seen-so-much-red-in-an-interior infamous "Van O'Luv")