Hard to move cars (was Re: Gentilozzi is an idiot.)

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hard to move cars (was Re: Gentilozzi is an idiot.)
From: Paul Czarnecki <oblique@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 10:03:44 -0400
>getting those cars out ain't that easy. I know.

I remember years ago being unable to move a F440 that got itselft wedge at
T8 at Bryar.  4 of us evetually responded and it wouldn't budge.  Now this
is weird, we should have been able to LIFT the car and carry it away.  Once
the driver got out the car moved a bit and it rolled easy.

Turns out that a bit of metal under the car opened up and cut a groove into
the asphalt, essentially like a plow.  We were trying to move a car that
was anchored to the ground.  When the driver got it, the car wiggled free.

It was frustrating at the time, but funny over beer...

pZ
--
Paul Czarnecki

Please visit my website at http://www.customline.com/ride99 and take a
moment to help me do something to change the world.