Need "street" tires for autox

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Need "street" tires for autox
From: "Justin Malinosky" <justin@mind4.mindsync.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 99 16:27:03 -0700
OK, I've been doing some research and found that I will most likely be
able to compete in a rookie class for autox next year. My problem is
that the tires I have for racing right now are Kuhmos and I can't use
those for the rookie class (either ESP-R or FS-R). What I'm looking for
now is what are the best tires available for autox that have a treadwear
rating of 120 or higher. I'd like to stay under $200/tire, but if
someone knows of a "must have" tire that is more, please suggest it.
btw, I have 16x8 wheels so whatever size that will fit on those is fine.

I'd prefer something that really can stand up to some wear since Jody
and I will both be racing with them (~14 events x 2 people = 28 events).
I don't know if a tire that meets all these criteria exits, but I'm
hoping. :)

--
Justin Malinosky
'99 TransAm M6 Hurst, K&N Air Filter, Free Ram Air Mod, !CAGS