Oil Changes - was Saturn timing chain

To: "Autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Changes - was Saturn timing chain
From: "Rick Brown" <free2000@quixnet.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 00:12:09 -0700
I have always found this "change oil every 3K" thing to be excessive.  I've
used synthetics for 15 or 20 years in varoius cars, but mainly in a 70 240Z
which was a BSP car and daily driver (well over 200K).  The body finally
wore out (major cracks and a good bit of rust too).  Just pulled the engine
and took it apart (gonna build it up for the AP car) and after probably 4 or
5 years since the last rebuild there was very little wear, and no sludge at
all.  And I am lously at remembering oil changes.  Would very from 5 or 6k
to 15 or 20k.  More like "hmmm, oil seems to have been black the last few
times I checked the level, probably should change it".

Rick Brown
AP 240Z