RE: video camera for autox

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: video camera for autox
From: Gent Matthew-EMG030 <Matthew_Gent-EMG030@email.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 12:45:22 -0400
I've made a couple setups that go into the headrest slots.  I just went to
the junkyard, ripped up the headrest, ran a piece of aluminum angle across,
and used a bogen universal mount.

I wish I had a wider view from the Handy cam, and I've looked into
replacement lenses, but I don't think I'm going to mess with it.

The main problem is vibration.  In a bone stock 97 GSR its not too much of a
problem-I bungee cord the seat up against its stops and it mostly goes away,
at least for smooth courses.  In an 89 mustang with springs and shocks, the
vibration was bad.  The seat would bounce forward and get slammed back by
the bungee.  This was also on a rough course.

I'll try the suction cup bit, as the farther back you go the better view you
get.  Of course this won't work on my convertible mustang, but for the GSR
it will be fine.  I think the best setups are bungeed in 4 directions,
allowing the camera to swing around just a little bit without slamming into
a positive stop.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Matt