Re: Suspension setup question

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Suspension setup question
From: GSMnow@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 23:53:12 EDT
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 19:55:16 -0700
From: "Kevin Stevens"

<< I have a car with four wheel independent suspension.  It tracks straight
down the road, but turns noticeably better to the left than to the right.
Where do I look? >>

There are many thins that could cause this. First off, if you drive on a flat
surface and take your hands off, does it go straight? Are you sure it is not
dog tracking at all. Even a 1/2 inch difference could cause a difference from
side to side. Most likely, you have a diagonal weight offset. I don't know of
a stock legal way to trim it other than swapping springs, but to test this
you need to weigh each corner, 4 wheel scales are best. If it pushes one way
and gets loose the other, this is a good place to start also. If you have a
pull, then it could be caster related. This still can't easilly be seen like
a camber difference.

This is a short list, I hope it helps. If you have any more questions, feel
free to ask.

Gary M.