Streetin' on Kumho's

To: <Loren@kscable.com>
Subject: Streetin' on Kumho's
From: "JD Kemp" <kempclan@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 16:16:34 -0700
Loren:

Hi, it's me, JD, but I'm using the "home" address...

I've driven Lucretia on the Kumho's, wet and dry, a few times.  They are
skinny l'il 195*55*14's, and they're NOISY at almost any speed.  I haven't
noticed any difference in that as they've worn down in tread thickness.
By noisy, I mean both that they pick up stuff and bombard the wheelwells,
and that they just rumble, like an old 4X4 on Ground Hawgs.

There's enough difference in ride to be noticeable as well, although with
the Saturn it likely wouldn't be as much so, since you actually HAVE a
suspension to take up for the bumps.

And, Bubba, watch 'em in the rain!  I went for some wild rides coming home
from wet events in Tallahassee with the R tires on the car.  Although, in
the MG, it was kinda cool to be able to spin the wheels at stoplights.  This
was after they had significant tread wear, so newer rubber might do better.
(YMMV!)

Hope this helps, and hey, I put that *K* word in the subject line for easy
deletion by the "Kumho intolerant!"

Happy 4th!

JD Kemp &
"Lucretia MacEvil" #13 MGB