ADDL PROPOSAL: Super Street Touring Class

To: "autox@autox.team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: ADDL PROPOSAL: Super Street Touring Class
From: John Whitling <alliancemillsoft@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 20:20:40 -0400
In addition to the modest changes being lobbied for here on Team.net, I
would also like to include aerodynamic "accessories". Add ons like
spoilers, air dams, and wings are commonly found on hopped up rice
burners these days. Myself, I have a vehicle with a tri level wing,
tunneled belly pans, and a rear diffuser ... just to look cool ya know
... certainly we wouldn't want to turn away any of those true
enthusiasts that typically add these items to their street cars to look
cool.

And one last thing .... putting restrictions on the class like 2500 lb
min weight, 2 or 4 doors, (my car doesn't even have no stinking doors!
... are you guys trying to shut me out ????? I wonder ....), and
especially boost limits is silly. It'll only hurt the class. We need to
work together to have as few restrictions as possible.

One last thing ... we especially shouldn't exclude carbon fiber. Most go
fast parts available today are made from carbon fiber. Let's all be
reasonable here and work together to make this class something we can
all aspire to win. I like this new class ... especially the emphasis on
affordability!