Detroit Region Firecracker Pictures!!

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Detroit Region Firecracker Pictures!!
From: Steve Couture <stevecouture@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 15:23:48 -0700 (PDT)
The Detroit Region held it's annual Firecracker event on Sunday June,
27th.  Historically held at Selfridge air base, this year we found
ourselves at Lawrence Technological University in Southfield, Michigan.
Much better location if you ask me... I certainly prefer the course
variety offered by this site over the "down-and-back zig-zags" that runway
courses tend to be.

I never would have guessed it while sitting in a puddle changing my tires
in a torrential downpour Sunday morning, but everyone actually got to run
in the dry!  Heavy morning showers may have been a contributing factor to
the relatively low turnout for this event.  All drivers received four runs
with the last driver finishing their final lap at a rather earlyish
2:20pm.  This proved to be a Good Thing(tm) when the clouds of doom
returned and emptied their contents on the small crowd gathered for the
event award ceremony.

Various pictures from the event can be seen at the following URL:

http://www.steve.couture.org/racing/1999_06_27/1999_06_27.htm

--
Steve Couture
steve@couture.org
#57 DS Neon ACR (what else?)
Self proclaimed "semi-official" photographer of Detroit Region Solo2