Re: Neon Power Steering Fluid pukes @ Solos

To: psosborn@gte.net
Subject: Re: Neon Power Steering Fluid pukes @ Solos
From: Jeff Blankenship <jblanken@itds.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 14:52:00 CDT
I had power steering groaning which was cured by the following TSB.  The
TSB upgrades you to a new, different PS fluid.  If you're under warranty,
the service will be performed under warranty.
The TSB applies to '95-98 neons, as well as some other models.
Here's a link to the TSB, which describes a procedure for changing from
one PS fluid type to another, note that they fill the system twice with
new fluid.

TSB 19-03-98
http://www4.golden.net/bdrodge/neontsb/TSB/19/190398.htm

After having this done and letting the fluid "find its own level", I've had
no trouble with the PS fluid.  Best of luck.
--
Jeffrey D. Blankenship                         Senior Technical Consultant
jblanken@itds.com                              ITDS - TRIS