Re: Juno and Spam - Is it so?

To: autox@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Juno and Spam - Is it so?
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 13:37:35 -0400

> Is there a way to verify if in fact Juno.com mail is or is not truly a
> source of Spam list generation?

Our filter isn't set up to prevent people from getting your address, it's there
to filter out sites that are known sources of spam.

That doesn't mean that everybody at Juno is a spammer, or indeed that there are
_any_ spammers operating out of Juno today, but it does probably mean that there
were enough spammers operating out of Juno (and/or Juno wouldn't do anything
about it) at some point in time to justify screening out mail from that source.

Incidently, not having seen the config files for the filter, I can't say for
sure that we're filtering Juno - but I do know that the filter exists, so anyone
who can't contact me (or any other DC person) is likely a victim of the filter,
and Juno seems to ring a bell somewhere....

It's kinda like a corporate-wide killfile.

"Hmm, mail from doubletimejazz.com *plonk*"

DG