RE: Directions to McConnell

To: "'Eric Linnhoff'" <eric10mm@qni.com>,
Subject: RE: Directions to McConnell
From: "Meyer, Brian J" <Brian.Meyer@Wichita.BOEING.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 08:12:40 -0500
As you're driving down I-13, you'll see a sign for McConnell AFB at the East
Wichita (Kellog) exit. If you take this exit, you will end up at the east
gate to the base, which is NOT where you want to go. You want to enter at
the west gate.

Take the K-15 exit off the Turnpike, pay the nice lady in the booth. Turn
left onto Turnpike Road (runs parallel with I-35), and follow it up to 31st
Street (there is a light). Turn right and go about 1/4 mi. to Oliver Street
(first stop light). Turn left (north) on Oliver and go about a mile to
George Washington Blvd (first light). Turn right on GWB and follow it to
McConnell AFB. You can't miss the gate. Sign in with the guard and we should
have someone there to check in with.

To get to the site, follow the entrance road to the first intersection and
turn right. I don't remember the name of this street, but we'll have a SCCA
sign there to signal the turn. Stay on this road (remember the speed limit
please!!!) and go south until you're driving on airport tarmac. Find a cozy
paddock space.

(Not directed specifically at Eric) Please obey the speed limits while on
the base and properly dispose of any trash. McConnell is our best site and
we don't want to loose it.

- Brian Meyer