Re: Tires or springs?

To: indyspat@flash.net
Subject: Re: Tires or springs?
From: Jeff Blankenship <jblanken@itds.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 17:09:55 CDT
Marc Johnson asks:

> I am getting some shocks for my 95 non turbo DSM soon, I have already
> paid for them, and I have no choice now.  They are KYB AGX shocks, the
> adjustable kind.
<snip>
> have none now but once I save I need to either get tires or springs.  I
> can wait to put the shocks on later after I save more from getting R
> tires, or get the springs and do them both now.  I am tired of tearing
> up my nittos and want to get some R tires.

Warning - aftermarket springs would bump you out of Stock to Street
Prepared, if you are still Stock and want to stay there.  That said, labor
for replacing the springs would add about $0 to the cost of installing
struts, so this should influence your planning.

IMHO the single best mod for AX is a set of wheels and tires for AX.
Almost as important is a competition alignment to maximize available camber,
among other things.  Seek setup advice from other DSM owners.  Struts and
swaybars come next in importance.
--
Jeffrey D. Blankenship                         Senior Technical Consultant
jblanken@itds.com                              ITDS - TRIS