Re: Video Camera advantage?

To: jmahoney@cyberstation.net
Subject: Re: Video Camera advantage?
From: Benjamin D Thatcher <bthatch@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 23:03:38 -0400
John,

I see your point. Basically, the video camera becomes a data acquisition
device. However, there are a lot of other reasons to use a video camera.
I guess I'm biased because I would like to add that tool to my attempts
to improve my driving skills. Several hundred bucks spent improving my
skills are better spent than on some trick sway bars that don't really
give any advantage. On the other hand, banning them from National level
competition has merits, also. Maybe the best compromise would be to ban
them from the National Championship event.

As far as the cost of the sport goes. People will always find ways to
spend money on their hobbies. I've seen lots of competitors spend big
bucks for maximum modifications that didn't do a thing to improve their
competitiveness. Frankly, the driver is STILL 90% of the equation in Solo
2. Flashy, beautiful cars with all the possible high dollar legal mods do
tend to intimidate certain types of drivers.

I guess we are back to talking about rules again? Sorry, couldn't resist.