Re: "ZX2 S/R"...anybody seen one?type R again?

To: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "ZX2 S/R"...anybody seen one?type R again?
From: "Justin Hughes" <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 09:51:42 -0400
>I don't think that San Diego only dealerships follow the spirit of the
rules
>and qualify as "retail sales outlets in the United States."  But that's
just
>my opinion from here in humid Missouri.

That I can understand, and agree with.  If San Diego is their test market,
it works out, and then they sell it all over the country, that's another
story.

This does seem like an ACR type deal.  They're built up at the factory, not
the dealer, so the trunk kit rules wouldn't apply.  But under the proper
circumstances, like the ZX-2 S/R whooping major SOHC Neon butt >:) it would
make sense to bump it to a more appropriate stock class, battling with the
DOHC Neons.  Personally, I think it's about time another one of the Big
Three came out with a car that can compete with the Neon ACR.  Regardless of
any brand loyalties, competition breeds improvement, and improvement
benefits all of us, regardless of what we drive. :)

    - Justin