Re: slalom style

To: Chris Sims <csims@simshome.com>
Subject: Re: slalom style
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 18:59:47 -0500
Chris Sims wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I have noticed that some of the hot-shoes seem to breath off the throttle
> a bit as they make the direction change around the cone.  So I tried it.
> Seems to work well to get the car to rotate quickly.
>
> I have also noticed that other hot-shoes maintain a constant throttle and
> speed through evenly spaced slaloms.
>
> I'd love to hear thoughts on each technique.  When/why would each be used?

The most learned author Byron Short published an excellent article in
North American Pylon about this very subject recently.  He goes further
than most by backing it up with real Geez data. Conclusions:

1) Constant speed is best.  Think of a sine wave.  What appears to be
accel/decel during the slalom is mostly slight compensation for speed
that is scrubbed of.  Rythem is the key.
2) Subscribe to N.A.P.
3) Buy Geez software and cube.

Got anything else I can push?
--