Re: Miata rear window...

To: Buddy Ahlers <buddy_ahlers@yahoo.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Miata rear window...
From: Eric Moon <moon-7@blazenet.net>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 08:47:44 -0400
Buddy,

1) convince your girlfriend to ride with someone or drive someone else's
car in a autocross.  If you can convert her, the Miata's yours  ;-)  !!!

2) just south of the MD line in VA is Performance Buyers Club, also a Mo$$
dealer.  Give these guys a call, and they do a lot of work on site.  They
may not do the window installation, though, since it involves sewing (I
think)  Here in Harrisburg, I can recommend a couple of places that do
convertible tops, etc.

Performance buyers:  http://www.performancebuyers.com/

3) always, always unzip the rear window (unless you have a rollbar), and to
prevent stressing the zipper:  when putting top down, unlatch top (release
tension), unzip, fold down.  when going up, raise top, but don't latch, zip
window, then latch.

4) I highly recommend the window protector pocket from Atlantic Designs.  A
$40 investment that will make your window last (forever?).

Eric

Eric Moon
'92 Miata SOLO II  CSP
e-mail:        info@scca-susq.com