Re: Rear Seats

To: "Craig Blome" <cblome@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Rear Seats
From: "richard nichols" <rnichol1@san.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 12:22:01 -0700
And then you would have to wonder if it was *really* worth doing (though I
have a complete list of the R updates because of my own Mustang).

That kind of weight reduction, especially on a rear drive car, might not
only have very minimal benefit, but could even be a detriment.  For example,
Mustangers commonly run their cars with tanks filled to the absolute top, to
get more rear weight bias (though I do the opposite on my own nose-light
Mustang, right, Randy Chase?!).

'Course the fuel tank is behind the axle, and the seating is in front of it,
which militates even more against removing the seats, 'cause they're far
closer to the polar moment of inertia.

Richard Nichols
rnichol1@san.rr.com
San Diego, California, USA

86 Mustang SVO-1C:  SM Class Autox
Team SVO -- "Bred to race, not show"
SVOCA Member

1972 Ford Pinto Sedan -3J (Original Owner - Restored)
On display at the San Diego Automotive Museum
12 June 1999 through 31 January 2000