Re: Neon wheel size

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Neon wheel size
From: Michael King <mapco@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 10:11:34 +0000
Me personally, being a Neon owner/racer and knowing Neons like I do, I
don't see any problem with running 14x5.5's on a 95 Highline even if it
did come with 13x5's. First, there is no separation in the rules between
years of Neons. It is clear '95 (94/95) Neon Highlines came with both
size wheels and both were installed from the factory. Now if he were to
stick a 14x6 on there from the Sport model, that wouldn't be legal, of
course, since it's a different model. I believe this would boil down to
the weenie protest "syndrome" if it ever came up. It's not like that
person has a competitive advantage. If anything, a person running a
highline Neon is at a disadvantage, with the narrower wheel. So, I
wouldn't worry about it. IMHO, running the 14x5.5's is legal per the
rules.

Mike King
97 ACR Coupe- DS#21
Buccaneer Region