DQ question

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: DQ question
From: "Scotty *BOB* White" <we2fat4asp@seanet.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 11:40:00 -0700
   Please give me some input without flames and let me know what you think?

SCCA National T1 race, 3 cars entered.

first car across finish is 1/2 lap ahead of second place car and 1 & 1/2
laps ahead of third place car.

first car weighs 3194lb on a 3200lb minimum *without* driver,
same car weighed again at 3197lb
same car weighed again at 3196lb then again at 3195lb

car is Dq'd
protest dissallowed, fee returned

appeal made on basis of car being DQ'd by the same amount that scales varied
in wieght and that car 1 had significant advantage over cars 2 & 3 that 3
pounds would not have mattered as car *with* driver was 65lb heavier than
identical car 2

decision upheld, fee retained

second place car is found to be 1" too wide rear track even VTS says
alternate wheels 1.5" wider than stock *PER SIDE*

car is Dq'd
protest dissallowed

third place car recieves points and win

here is the kicker, third place car is *NOT* classified to race in T1! Yep,
that's right, they tossed the above cars for those violations and let a
*Ferrari F355 F1* take a *National* win when it is not listed *AT ALL* for
T1!!!

The F355 *is* classified as is the Berlinetta but no mention of the *F1*
package which is a clutchless sequential 6speed tranny along with some other
goodies.

Is SCCA doin their job?

Should I be pissed? (i am the first car to finish)

Could they have imposed a lesser penalty? Did the 3 pounds make up the 1/2
lap in 30?

driver 1 weighs 260lb
driver 2 weighs 186lb
driver 3 weighs 100lb