Re: San Diego Divisional

To: mike_patterson@s3.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: San Diego Divisional
From: Judy Becker <judyb@cts.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 12:34:40 -0700
Hi Mike

My husband & I have been running in our local San Diego region class of IS2
for a long time & it's been interesting & challenging.

Other IS drivers have commented that the local class rules allow for doing
some modifications without incurring the national debt & they can still
maintain the ability to drive the car on the street.

We'd like for our upcoming divisional to see the requirement met of 3
drivers per each IS 1-2-3 & Street Mod class if only to give the concept of
the "tweener" class more exposure. This will help not only our local SD
class but also the SCCA ST gain more opportunity for growth & development.

As cars grow in their technical development, these "tweener" classes will
allow drivers to continue to work on the development (suspension handling
wise) of their car without having to surrender it's street drivability
aspect.

And I believe it can be done while adding a minimal number of classes.
Maybe just adding a change to the current ST class as simple as allowing
"sportcars"
would be a good start.

Feel free to contact either Jim Hamm or myself if you have anymore questions.
Hope to see you at the divisional.

Judy B. in San Diego  IS2L  "the fun way to autocross without trailering
the race car"

{:>}