Re: Composite body panels in SP

To: Talus9998@aol.com
Subject: Re: Composite body panels in SP
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 09:13:32 -0700
Talus9998@aol.com wrote:

> Hey all
> I was curious if Composite(Carbon fiber or fiberglass) body panels were
> allowed in SP.  I've been looking into a beautiful Carbon fiber hood (direct
> fit, no vents) for my CSP Civic Si.  Just curious on the legality of these
> items.  Thanx for any info.
>         Thanx
>                 Jay

        Only if that body panel was available from -the factory- on that car.
Otherwise alternate body panels are explicitly forbidden. And in your
case, I'm quite sure Honda never offered a CF hood for a Civic, much
less any production model car.

        You can add CF or Fiberglass flares, but not whole body or quarter
panels.

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/