Re: KYB AGX shocks?

To: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: KYB AGX shocks?
From: Sam Strano <strano@stranoparts.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 12:16:32 -0400
At 05:10 PM 5/13/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Anyone tried these?  They look a lot like GAB's, and
>KYB is GAB's corporate parent, but I'm a bit skeptical
>given KYB's track record.

GAB and KYB are *not* the same company.  KYB was building GAB's, nothing
more.  From what we can tell, they are copies of the GAB's, but aren't
available for all the same cars.  Evidentally GAB's patent ran out, and KYB
jumped at the chance.  We compared damping rates on the rear of an MR2, and
low and behold... they were identical.  So a friend is testing and messing
with them right now (even at the Pro for that matter), and they seem to be
exactly what we expected.

Sam Strano Jr.
Strano Performance Parts
800-729-1831