Re: Exhausted

To: rdillman@cat2.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Exhausted
From: CCoxx@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 18:52:52 EDT
My advice would be to go with the full length headers.  I am not a mustang
owner,
but I do know the basic principal to designing a good header.  If you go with
the
long headers you will get a broader power band and give up a small amount on
the top end.  What matters most is the shape of the collector at the end of
the
pipes.  If the pipes dump into an open collector area than the scavenging
effect of
the headers will be reduced.  If you use a collector that tapers down at a
15 degree angle from the four pipes to a diameter of about 2-2 1/4 inches
and then opens back up  to a standard collector flange size than scavenging
will be improved and so will overall h.p.

The shorty headers are only good for top end, and in an autocross environment
you
want the broadest power band you can get.

Chris