Re: Kumho for Drag Racing?

To: "Fedja Jeleskovic" <Fedja_Jeleskovic@pictel.com>
Subject: Re: Kumho for Drag Racing?
From: "Kent Rafferty" <gs96@sgi.net>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 10:45:46 -0400
I just ran on Kumhos at the strip last week.  In my experience,
running autocross tires at the strip is a wash vs decent street
tires (within about a tenth).  You may get better grip, but you
give up sidewall compliance and maybe increased rolling
resistance.  If he's serious about autoxing and drag racing,
he'll need a set of Kumhos and a set of drag radials.  If he's
not that serious about drag racing, the Kumhos won't really
hurt him at the strip.

Kent Rafferty
13.3 Supra