3-and-3 runs?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: 3-and-3 runs?
From: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 17:00:15 -0700 (PDT)
We've had a bit of a debate on our local club list
today that I'm looking for input on.  It's been
suggested that an important skill for doing well at
Divisionals or Nationals is getting the course right
in three runs.  Someone had the idea of setting up a
course at a local event, doing three runs one way in
the morning, then reversing the course (with
appropriate safety modifications) and doing three runs
the other way in the afternoon.  Yes, logistically it
would be a tall order, but the idea has some merit.

Has anyone ever run a one-day event like this?  What
were your impressions?  Would it be (1) confusing to
novices, (2) confusing to everyone else, (3) a PITA to
change over, and/or (4) tough to get done before
nightfall?

Any suggestions including accusations of insanity will
be duly considered.  (Well, I wasn't the first to
think of the notion, but I've been accused of being
insane anyway.)

Thanks,
Craig Blome
Texas Spokes SCC, Austin, TX