RE:Hoosiers on stock cars

To: Autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE:Hoosiers on stock cars
From: DUELRACER@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 23:48:16 EDT
I have been running Hoosiers on my HS Datsun 200SX since last season.  I
really like the Hoosier tire compared to BFG's, Yoko's, and Toyo's.  The
Hoosier tire has a lot more grip than the others, but the only downside to
the Hoosier is its lifespan.  I still have Yoko's that I bought for the 96
season and BFG's for the 95 season. Hoosier's don't last long.  Especially on
rough surfaces, like the East Crawford Rec area that Salina uses for some of
their events.  Not saying it is a bad place to run, but I ate through my two
front 225/55zr/14's on my 2ND run!  Hoosiers are a very competitive tire but,
you have to be willing to spend the money to keep tires in the garage when
you cord one out.  I went through 16 Hoosiers last year at $118 a piece.
These were the Hoosier old compound, not the new compound for this year.  You
have to keep in mind that I did 12 local events, 3 Solotime events, and the
Nationals on those 16 tires.  So, if you are looking at going with Hoosier I
would say go for it, but only if you have a limited schedule and don't lock
up the brakes that often.  Flat spot is a 2 Four letter bad word too me.

Paul Poore
Secretary for the Crown Autocross Club
Kansas City, Kansas

Mach 51 Datsun 200SX