Need worn-out tires...

Subject: Need worn-out tires...
From: Phil Martin <pmartin@isgtec.com>
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 15:37:41 -0400
I'm doing a pretty radical rebuild of a '75 Bricklin, and I've decided to go
with American Racing's XR-LeMans wheels in the ZR-1 size (17x11, +45mm
offset).  I'm close to having a rolling chassis ready, so I'm about to buy
the wheels, but I don't want to buy tires just yet because it will probably
be about 2 years before the car is done, and I don't want to spend the bucks
on those big tires just to have them either rot or become obsolete before
they ever see the road.

I was hoping I'd be able to buy a pair of worn-out 315/35-17's from a ZR-1
owner (or anyone running this tire size) who's getting new tires and would
just have to pay to get rid of the old ones anyhow.  They're never going to
see the street, I just need them as placeholders so that I can move the car
around the shop, and (much more importantly!) make sure that there are no
interference problems with the suspension or body.  I'm going to have to
fabricate flares at all 4 corners to accommodate the big wheels & tires, and
it would be awfully hard to get that right without the tires...

This mailing list was the best forum I could find to reach a bunch of
friendly tire-shredding autox folks, so I'm really hoping that someone out
there can come through for me.  I'm in Southwestern Ontario (work-work is in
Toronto, and I do the car-work in the Kitchener-Waterloo area), so I'd
prefer if I could hook up with someone "local" (ie: less than 2 hour drive
from either of those places) and not have the hassle of shipping.  But of
course, I could pay to have 2 scrapped tires shipped from anywhere in Canada
or the US and still come out way ahead of what I'd have to shell out for new
ones.  So please, if you have a set you're going to have to get rid of or if
you know someone who does, get in touch with me so we can work something
out.

Thanks in advance,
--
Phil Martin                             pmartin@surgnav.com
"I'm a Charger, charging through the night,