Was Why smaller pulley, Now Did Anybody Here Read the May Fastrack???

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Was Why smaller pulley, Now Did Anybody Here Read the May Fastrack???
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 18:39:28 -0400
> Boost mods are almost impossible to police, and the gains from each one will
> be different and would make a classing nightmare.

<<<This is a myth, and a popular one at that. All forced induction cars
have a
natural limit to the amount of power that can be made with the stock
turbo/blower. The things only flow so much air, and no matter how much
wizardry
and voodoo you do with boost control devices, _as long as the impellers
and
housings themselves are not modified_, there is an upper limit to the
amount of
power a given motor can make.>>>

Well... not according to the SEB. Due I think to Farzaan's post that you
could get basically infinite boost by deliberately choking off the waste
gate exhaust they are now considering a rule change that would require
SP turbo cars to run with the stock cat system. Good grief! Talk about
instantly uncompetitive! You can _forget_ about the RX7TT in ASP!

<<<I still can't find _anyone_ who gets hurt by allowing boost
controllers in SP.>>>

I agree they should allow them. If they allow any engine management
system on NA cars then fair is fair. But the SCCA has never taken a very
fair stance with turbo cars. In fact, they outlawed them from club
racing a number of years ago. it looks like only a matter of time before
the same thing happens with Solo II...

Paul Foster