Chicago Dyno Day Update - 04/20/99 [all]

To: RiverJahnke@Yahoo.com, NeonKermit@aol.com, cashmo@execpc.com,
Subject: Chicago Dyno Day Update - 04/20/99 [all]
From: steve.cirian@us.pwcglobal.com
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 08:05:31 -0500
This will be the last note I send to the general mailing lists on this
subject, so if you want to get in, respond to me directly and I will add
you to the list.

I talked to Precise Auto about using their services, and here are the

1.  How much will it cost per person?  This will probably be based on how
many people we get.  Get the cost for the whole day, and divide y the
number of people.

A:  If we do a full day, it will be about $700.  The guy said we should be
able to do 10 cars easy, and they have done clubs like the Windy City Z
Club with 12 cars.  So if we do 10 cars, it will be $70 each person.  If
you want to take two slots and do some tuning, it will be $70 a slot for a
total of $140.

2.  How many runs each?  (last time it was 1 calibration run, and 2 "real"
runs, all at the same time with a short cool down between each run).  If
people want to do two separate sessions, and tune in between, that will be
fine by me.  We just need to make sure that we have enough time.

A:  2 runs per slot.

3.  How long will it take per person?

A:  30 minutes.  Getting the car on the dyno and set up will be the longest
 part.

4.  Run through each gear?

A:  Didn't ask this one.

5.  Can we get the results on floppy, or just hard copy?  If so, 3.5"
floppy?  (Would probably have to bring your own.)

A:  Floppy

6.  What dates do you have available?  (Saturdays or Sundays)  Given the
big response, we might need to take Saturday and Sunday, or do two
consecutive Saturdays or Sundays.

A:  I looked at the Chicago SCCA and TSSCC autox schedules, and it looks
pretty busy on Sundays.  I am looking at doing this either May 22 or 29,
both Saturdays.  Due to the large number of people I had respond, I think I
 will try to get both days, and we will do 10 one day, and 11 the other (if
 everyone decides to do this for sure).

Precise Auto said they will call me back to confirm that these dates are
available.

Please respond to me with answers to the following:

1.  Let me know which day you want, May 22 or May 29.

2.  Let me know if you will want more than one session - i.e.- to make one
run in the morning, do some tuning, and then make another run later in the
afternoon.  I might do one on one weekend, and another the second weekend.

3.  If your last name is not shown below (?) please let me know what it is.

4.  What kind of car do you have?

1.   Steve Cirian
2.   River Jahnke
3.   John Brotbeck
4.   Jeff Cashmore
5.   Tom ?
6.   Gary Meisner
7.   Kenton Cabiness
8.   Mike Taylor
9.   Tom Jelly
10. Chris Russell
11. Rob Raymer
12. Jim ?
13. Per Schroeder
14. Lloyd Wilson
15. Nick ?
16. Alex Tziortis
17. Steve ?
18. Chris Russell's brother
19.  Stephen ?
20. Kevin ?
21. Stephen Chu

Precise Auto Truck Svc.
3054 N California
Chicago 60618
Tel. 773-588-0111

Cheers,

Steve Cirian                       http://www.ScuderiaCiriani.com/rx7
                                                  Chicago Region SCCA
'95 RX-7 TT                                             Tri State SCC
#95 A Street Prepared                                        rx-7.net

computer.