Re: Re[2]: TSOL

To: scott_phelps@england.gdt1.com
Subject: Re: Re[2]: TSOL
From: Bret Dodson <bret@serv.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 13:48:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999 scott_phelps@england.gdt1.com wrote:
>      Good one!   But alas, you have a car which is nationally capable, I
>      can't believe there's any duct tape on it either.....  ;^)

Hey there! I happen to know that '96 Miata Rs come from the factory with
staples installed in the body work.  My car even has some factory
installed masking tape with paint on it.  I had to be extra careful when
installing my roll bar not to damage this precious, factory installed
masking tape with paint on it.

Luckily I was able to get some Mazda factory-spec staples for reassembling
my airdam after the run-in with the curb I had during last x-mas eve's
snow storm.

My '96 Miata R will have some more duct tape installed on it soon, as I
need to repair one of my inner fender well liners.  Seems they can't hold
up to much cone contact...

>      Scott Phelps
>      88 Yugo GVX EP

I had a Yugo!  I loved it dearly.  I surprised many a Camaro drvier as I
passed them on the outside around freewaay on and off ramps!  Yugos are
one of the best performance bargfains out there.  All the Fiat
128/Strada/X19/127 mods can be incorporated into them.  Adn they have some
design improvement over the old Fiat stuff!  I was going to build a 9,000
rpm 1500cc giant killer motor for my Yugo, but I got rear-ended by a
Plymouth Satellite and I was given a short wheelbase Yugo.  sigh.

Bret "Hmm... Prepared class Yugo in my Future?" Dodson
'96 Miata R, red with white stripes
Seattle, WA