Re: Wheeley Serwous Qwestion

To: Jeffrey Lloyd <jslz3@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Wheeley Serwous Qwestion
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 17:30:21 -0500
>From a purely mathematical standpoint, Jeff, it would be a little more
than 2/10ths of an inch...assuming that a 1-degree change in camber
would not change anything else in your front suspension.
Unfortunately, that's not always the case.

The math is really quite easy to figure.  Just assume that your
24.4-inch diameter measurement is a vertical line at the inside of
your tire.  Now rotate that vertical line through a full 360-degree
circle about its center.  The circumference of that circle would be
pi-times-diameter (or two-times-pi-times-radius.)  Using a value of
3.1415926 for pi, and your 24.4 inch value for diameter, you get a
circumference of 76.654859 inches.  Divide that by 360 and you get a
value of .2129301 inches for one degree of circumference.

But, like I said, that assumes that everything else is static.  And
that's not usually the case when you're dealing with suspension.
Still, it does give you a ballpark figure from which to work.

Hope that helps

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman