re: ESP DSM's

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>, <marktodd@internet8.net>
Subject: re: ESP DSM's
From: "Mac Crossett" <macross@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 18:38:54 -0600
>Can someone please send me the horsepower and weight
>of a well-prepared ostensibly (my new favorite word) legal
>ESP Talon/Eclipse?

>Please reply privately since I'm on the digest.

>Many thanks,

>Mark Todd
>#323 E Modified
>Ostensibly Legal Racing Team

The lightest possible 95+ AWD Talon would be about 3130lbs with a full tank
of gas.  Mine is 3231lbs, but it has A/C and ABS, both of which were
options on the Talon.  The Mitsu would be significantly heavier, since the
A/C, sunroof and power seat were all standard.  The lightest FWD would be
about 2890lbs, with the Eagle again being lighter, due to the GS-T's
standard A/C.  I'm not sure, but I think the 89-94's would be about
50-100lbs lighter, but with the MacPherson strut front suspension.

The 4G63 engine, in full ESP trim, can probably put out about 305-315bhp at
the flywheel with the 89-94 turbo, and about 275bhp with the 95+ turbo,
based on the flow limit of the turbo, and assuming some boost creep at high
rpm with the older turbo.  The 95+ turbo will, however, have more low-end
torque.  The AWD will have slightly higher drivetrain losses than the FWD.

Mac Crossett
'96 Eagle Talon TSi AWD #49ESP
My pappy said, "Son, you're gonna drive me to drinkin'
                     if you don't stop drivin' that Hot Rod Talon"