SP class 'realignment'?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: SP class 'realignment'?
From: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 20:59:49 -0800 (PST)
Tucked away in the April Fastrack is a note that 'The
SPAC has submitted a set of amendments to its proposed
realignment of the Street Prepared classes.  The full
revised proposal will be published in next month's
SportsCar.'

Curious, I dug through old SEB minutes until I found
the proposal (at
<http://www.scca.org/news/tech/seb/0498spac.html> for
those who haven't read it recently).  I read it over
and I can't figure out what problem they are trying to
address.  Is this an attempt to give the cars that
aren't up with the front runners in CSP a place to
play?  Will anyone take the cue?  (none of the cars in
the proposed group 4 are exactly overrepresented in SP)
 Is it really necessary to add another SP class?

And will we get the dreaded SFC's?  (There, tie in with
a team.net hot button :)

Craig Blome
TSSCC, TAMSCC, RTRT, TLS#91