Joint Atlanta NOPI/Peachstate PCA summary

To: teamsolo@spbted.gtri.gatech.edu, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Joint Atlanta NOPI/Peachstate PCA summary
From: Benjamin D Thatcher <bthatch@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 20:24:05 -0500
Whew, I just now got rested up from this weekend!! Atlanta Region SCCA
and Peachstate PCA staged an autocross school on Saturday and an event on
Sunday at Atlanta Motor Speedway.

We had 48 students in the school and were lucky to have 20+ instructors!!
Great job instructors. Almost all the students were newbies.

On Sunday we staged the first points event for the NOPI Solo II and
Peachstate PCA series. We had a phenomenol turnout of a total of 164
drivers. (We averaged 80 drivers per event last year!). 128 SCCA and 36
PCA drivers came.

The morning and afternoon session worked like a charm because we were
done by 5pm, packed up and ready to leave by 5:30.

Everybody did a great job and we're getting ready to run the Dogwood
Grand Prix April 17, followed by Atlanta NOPI Solo II Series event #2 on
April 18 at AMS.

See you there!

Ben Thatcher
Atlanta Region SCCA S2 co-chair