Re: Course design/speed limits (long)

To: jhadler@rmi.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Course design/speed limits (long)
From: RacerRay52@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 13:14:44 EST
In a message dated 3/27/99 10:50:44 PM Eastern Standard Time, jhadler@rmi.net
writes:

<< We live in an overly letigious society. It sucks, but
 that's what it is. If, god forbid, someone were to injure themselves in
 an incedent on course, and someone feels like pointing a finger of blame
 at the SCCA, the club MUST be in a position of being able to say that
 all -reasonable- actions were taken to mitigate the risk. We could all
 loose if something bad were to happen and someone felt like employing an
 "ambulance-chaser" to exploit that.  >>

     Good point.
     I tried to make a point about possible litigation resulting from
an on-course mishap some months ago--the subject then was
sticky tires on easily flipped econoboxes--and I recall some
ill-informed poster saying the SCCA couldn't be sued.
     There must be a few lawyers among us. An attorney could
tell you that anyone--or any organization--can be sued anytime by
anyone for anything. The lawsuit might not succeed but you might
only find that out after spending huge sums of money in your
defense.