Re: Course design/speed limits - My $0.02

To: bshort@afsinc.com
Subject: Re: Course design/speed limits - My $0.02
From: Rm84fm@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 22:08:35 EST
In a message dated 3/26/99 3:51:21 PM Central Standard Time, bshort@AFSinc.com
writes:

> "While there are no hard limits to speed, IMHO the region which often runs
with courses which would allow the best-prepared and best-driven SP cars to
exceed 65 on course, do so at their own peril"

Byron -

I solute all you and others have said re: this subject, except the above.

>From a SSS point of view, high speed - high risk courses are a danger to us
ALL.  If there were an increase in incidents, and God forbid, a serious injury
or even death as a result of high speed, high risk and poor common sense -
SCCA pays, the Regions pay, and in the end we all pay.  Not just monetarily,
but potentially in the ultimate loss of Solo 2.

It's already getting tough for small Regions to get access to decent pavement,
and ANY incident is detriment to the participant, the local Region and SCCA.
And we NEVER know when something might happen.

Despite my discuss w/ the SEB's indifference w/ the Solo Vee...  I love this
sport and don't want to lose the opertunity to drive my Vee in a parking lots
across the SEDiv.

And next time you need a push out of a course exit (e.g., '98 Nationals)...
I'll be there for ya.

Rick McClure
FM36