New car too stiff???

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: New car too stiff???
From: "Darren P. Madams" <darren@madams.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 17:15:49 -0800
I heard someone mention somewhere that a brand new car needs to be
broken in a little bit to loosen it up before it will be a good
autocrosser.  Has anyone heard this?  Seems to me any kind of flex means
something is out of whack versus how you measured it sitting on grid.
How should this break-in be done?  When is it OK to autocross a brand
new car? (other than the engine break-in which I'm well familiar with)

Buddy's buying a Civic Si, and we're gonna see just how well it does in
EStock. Anybody got any setup help for the Civics, Si or not?  I assume
225s will fit up front, but the Si comes with 15" rims.

        --Darren