Re: SP Turbo's

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SP Turbo's
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 09:08:16 -0500
TeamZ3@aol.com wrote:

> I want to add that I believe the proposed SP turbo exhaust limitations are
> just the ticket for balancing the scales with the NA vehicles.

It has not been established in a scientific way that there is an imbalance to
start with. With one specific car, maybe, but certainly not with turbo cars as a
whole.

Any rule that is made on the _perception_ of a given condition - without proof
that it exists - is utter trash.

Hmmm.... I percieve that BMWs can make over 100 extra HP just by changing some
ECU code in an undetectable manner. Since we can't detect it, we have to assume
that all BMWs have it, and that all BMWs are equally affected - so restrictor
plates (1/8" oughtta do it) for all BMWs.

Oh, wait, can't single out BMWs as a marque, we have to treat all vehicles with
engines similar to BMWs as being the same, so then restrictor plates on all
non-turbo computer controlled vehicles.

Ridiculous? Outrageous? You bet. And yet it's EXACTLY the same reasoning as the
proposed SP-turbo rule.

DG