Any reason to go with larger wheel size?

To: "Autocross Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Any reason to go with larger wheel size?
From: "H. Rodney Spear" <hrspear@coastalnet.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 99 20:19:22 -0500
I have just run in my first autocross and it was a great experience, I'll
spare you the details, since I'm sure you all remember the exhileration
of your first event.  Any I have concluded that I need to get seperate
wheels and tires for this.  Not so much to improve my times (biggest
improvements will still be coming from improving the driver for a while),
but to save my expensive street tires.  My car comes stock with 15" or
16" wheels.  I am planning on going with 15" steel wheels.  My reasoning
is 15" will be lighter than 16", cheaper, and allow more adjustment via
air pressure changes.  Does this make sense?  Would there be a
significant advantage to going with 16" or alloys instead?

Regards,
Rodney