Re: SP rules and ESP Clarification

To: "Jeffrey Lloyd" <jslz3@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: SP rules and ESP Clarification
From: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 13:56:53 -0800

400hp at the rear wheels does seem a little bit high.  If you have ever
seen this Supra at a Pro, you might think twice.  Spinning a pair of 315
BFG's *through* 2nd gear.  This car visually out accelerates almost
everything.  The 3.0l straight 6 from Toyota makes tons of torque BTW.

If any of you follow the Street Touring craze by reading Sport Compaq Car
etc. and you watch what can happen to a Supra, there are 500+hp cars
running around out there.  One of the nice things about this craze is that
these guys have all been brought up on the chassis dyno.  These numbers are
pretty real.

AB
13.4 @ 104 for 2970 lbs on street tires...what is that at the wheels?

Obviously In the Z28 world Torque (or area under the curve) Dosent
exist, and peak hp is the only judge of a motors performance. Right?
Peak HP means just that peak, for one fraction of a second.. Anyone who
has autocrossed, which I think One or two of us on this list have..
Knows Peak hp means Crap, coming out of a corner if the motor makes No
Torque your cursing..  Sorry I just am tired of the whining.. and
besides if you think a Lt1 Z28 modded to the *limit* of the rules can
only make 290 hp you need to talk to an engine builder that SAME motor
in a Vette makes 300hp stock exaust alone can give those cars 15-20 peak
hp.. and I don't think 400hp was a rear wheel number anyway

Jeff
(Flame suit on)